What Does R/T Mean?
When hearing people talk about performance vehicles, you may hear the term R/T thrown around. If you have been wondering what it means, then you are in the right spot. Here we will discuss what it means, the history of it, and what makes R/T vehicles stand out from the rest.
R/T stands for Road/Track and can be found on model configurations across the Dodge lineup. If you are looking for increased performance on the Del Rio roads an R/T model may be for you.
The history of the R/T trim dated back to 1967 with the release of the Dodge Cornet R/T trim. Since then Dodge has released 29 R/T vehicles, including the legendary 1968 Dodge Challenger–which still sports the R/T name on trims levels today.
R/T trims offer improved performance specs and enhanced features missing on standard trims. They do come with less power than an SRT trim, which is another popular performance trim found on the Dodge lineup. In return, R/T models come with a lower price tag so they can be a great place to start if you are looking for a performance model on a budget.
Vehicles With R/T Trims
The R/T high-performance vehicle lineup was pioneered by Dodge, and they still offer quite a few R/T configurations, including models like:
- Dodge Challenger: R/T, R/T Plus, R/T Shaker, R/T Plus Shaker, R/T Scat Pack
- Dodge Charger: R/T, R/T Scat Pack
- Dodge Durango: R/T
R/T Performance Features
The features and options available on any individual R/T configuration can vary, but some performance-minded features that can be found are:
- HEMI® Engines: Delivering increased horsepower and torque, these engines are often featured in the R/T lineup.
- Brembo Braking: Experience superior stopping power and avoid overheating and while on the roads of Crystal City.
- Aerodynamics: R/T vehicles are designed to reduce drag with the addition of spoilers, scoops, and other modifications.
Test the R/T Performance Near Eagle Pass
Ready to experience the power of an R/T vehicle for yourself? We are here to help at Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde! Speak with an associate today to schedule a test drive or stop by our lot near Eagle Pass to ride in an R/T today.