How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
If you’re looking for a pickup truck that delivers more power to your commute and even greater strength on the jobsite, then the towing power of the 2020 RAM 1500 is sure to impress. But a strong towing performance is just the beginning as there are plenty of more performance features that Del Rio and Eagle Pass drivers can take advantage of. The RAM 1500 doesn’t skimp on comfort either thanks to premium interior amenities, durable seat covers and other accessories, and much more! Learn more about the RAM 1500 towing capacity with the helpful experts at Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde.
RAM 1500 Towing Capacity and Engine Configurations
So, how much can a RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, the 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds which helped it earn a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. In addition, when you opt for a rugged black RAM 1500, you can expect a payload capacity that ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds depending on which trim you choose. You’ll also have your choice of three unique engine configurations that are matched with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a breakdown of the full RAM 1500 towing capacity and performance specs:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
In addition to the 1500’s performance and towing capabilities, it also comes with plenty of additional towing features to ensure a seamless job no matter if you need help hauling equipment to the jobsite or want to hitch up your trailer to your favorite weekend spot. These are just some of the great towing features you’ll have behind the wheel of the 2020 RAM 1500 to offer even more support:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power behind the wheel.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Get Behind the Wheel of the 2020 RAM 1500 at Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde
After checking out the 1500 towing capacity, you can find even more features such as the RAM 1500 gas mileage or interior features, and be sure to make your way over to Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde to experience this powerful vehicle in person. We have a great selection of new 1500 models for sale so you can find the one that fits your budget and meets your driving needs. Contact us to speak with a member of our sales team to learn more and be sure to schedule a test drive near Crystal City! Curious about which powerful RAM is built to suit your exact needs? Closely compare the RAM 1500 Crew Cab vs. Quad Cab with Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde today. Want to make a unique impression as you cruise through Uvalde? Explore the Jeep Wrangler color options with our team.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More on the Ram 1500
If you’re looking for a pickup truck that delivers more power to your commute and even greater strength on the jobsite, then the towing power of the 2020 RAM 1500 is sure to impress. But a strong towing performance is just the beginning as there are plenty of more performance features that Del Rio and Eagle Pass…