2018 Dodge Journey Safety Features
You don’t have to travel far to find a mid-size SUV that won’t hold you back. The 2018 Dodge Journey is a spacious, capable SUV with plenty of towing power for your Del Rio and Crystal City drives, and the Dodge Journey safety features offer all-around protection, no matter where life takes you!
Journey Safety Features: Crash Prevention
These technologies are designed to prevent both major and minor collisions, so you can enjoy greater peace-of-mind and more convenience on your drives around the Eagle Pass region. The Journey features the following active technologies:
- ParkView® Rear Backup Camera: When you shift your vehicle into reverse, your Dodge Journey ParkView® backup camera will display the area behind your vehicle directly on your UConnect® display. Guidelines are visible on-screen, so you won’t have to guess where you’re headed.
- Electronic Stability Control: Your Dodge Journey is constantly analyzing the road, as well as your steering inputs, as it works to maximize your control on slippery, gravelly, or otherwise inhospitable roads.
- Electronic Roll Mitigation: When your Journey detects the possibility of a rollover, it will automatically reduce engine power while applying the brakes gently. In this way, it works to keep you planted on all four wheels.
- Disc Antilock Brakes with Electronic Brake Force Distribution: Every Dodge Journey has been equipped with four disc antilock brakes, and in a panic-stop brake test from Edmunds.com, it was able to go from 60 mph to 0 in as little as 124 feet. Electronic Brake Force Distribution helps to maintain even brake pressure from the front to the rear.
- Brake Assist: When the brake assist technology feature detects the telltale signs of emergency braking, it immediately unleashes the full potential of your brakes, enabling you to come to a halt more quickly.
- ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System: Ready to take the stress out of parking? With the ParkSense® rear park alert system, you’ll receive an automatic warning each time you’re at risk of colliding with an object in your path.
Journey Safety Features: Crash Protection
In addition to the above, the 2018 Dodge Journey offers technologies designed to protect you and your passengers from the most dangerous forces that are generated during collisions. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Active front-seat head restraints:
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- Supplemental side curtain airbags
- Front-seat-mounted side airbags
- Driver’s knee bolster airbags
- Protective frame with dual-phase steel
- Front and rear crumple zones
2018 Dodge Journey Safety Rating
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has awarded the 2018 Dodge Journey a 4-star overall safety rating. This overall safety score reflects the results of the Dodge Journey side impact, frontal crash, and rollover collision tests, where this SUV earned 5 stars, 4 stars, and 4 stars, respectively.
Take the Next Steps at Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde in Uvalde
Contact our team today with any questions you may have about the Dodge Journey safety features or performance. You can also compare this vehicle to the 2019 Dodge Durango to learn more about the features that set this manufacturer apart, and check out the Dodge Journey fuel economy! Once you’ve seen enough, visit Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde to take one or more of our new Dodge Journey models for a test drive.
More From Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde
You know you can expect amazing off-road capability from the Jeep Wrangler, but that’s not all there is to this unique SUV. With 10 vibrant Jeep Wrangler colors to choose from, you’ll turn heads cruising through Del Rio with the top rolled down. Keep customizing with interior upholstery and roof color options for a Wrangler that’s…
The new Dodge Journey offers three unique configurations that are designed to take on any tough task. Whether you are running the kids to practice in Del Rio or towing cargo across Eagle Pass, the Dodge Journey has you covered. Explore the Dodge Journey trim levels in our guide below. New Dodge Journey Inventory Dodge Journey Trim…
If you work hard around Del Rio, you want a truck that can keep up. A new RAM 2500 will be able to take on any tough task you throw its way. With an incredibly powerful build across all configurations, the RAM 2500 towing capacity will be sure to turn heads on the Eagle Pass jobsite. Learn…