2018 Dodge Journey Safety Features
You don’t have to travel far to find a mid-size SUV that won’t hold you back. The 2018 Dodge Journey is a spacious, capable SUV with plenty of towing power for your Del Rio and Crystal City drives, and the Dodge Journey safety features offer all-around protection, no matter where life takes you!
Journey Safety Features: Crash Prevention
These technologies are designed to prevent both major and minor collisions, so you can enjoy greater peace-of-mind and more convenience on your drives around the Eagle Pass region. The Journey features the following active technologies:
- ParkView® Rear Backup Camera: When you shift your vehicle into reverse, your Dodge Journey ParkView® backup camera will display the area behind your vehicle directly on your UConnect® display. Guidelines are visible on-screen, so you won’t have to guess where you’re headed.
- Electronic Stability Control: Your Dodge Journey is constantly analyzing the road, as well as your steering inputs, as it works to maximize your control on slippery, gravelly, or otherwise inhospitable roads.
- Electronic Roll Mitigation: When your Journey detects the possibility of a rollover, it will automatically reduce engine power while applying the brakes gently. In this way, it works to keep you planted on all four wheels.
- Disc Antilock Brakes with Electronic Brake Force Distribution: Every Dodge Journey has been equipped with four disc antilock brakes, and in a panic-stop brake test from Edmunds.com, it was able to go from 60 mph to 0 in as little as 124 feet. Electronic Brake Force Distribution helps to maintain even brake pressure from the front to the rear.
- Brake Assist: When the brake assist technology feature detects the telltale signs of emergency braking, it immediately unleashes the full potential of your brakes, enabling you to come to a halt more quickly.
- ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System: Ready to take the stress out of parking? With the ParkSense® rear park alert system, you’ll receive an automatic warning each time you’re at risk of colliding with an object in your path.
Journey Safety Features: Crash Protection
In addition to the above, the 2018 Dodge Journey offers technologies designed to protect you and your passengers from the most dangerous forces that are generated during collisions. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Active front-seat head restraints:
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- Supplemental side curtain airbags
- Front-seat-mounted side airbags
- Driver’s knee bolster airbags
- Protective frame with dual-phase steel
- Front and rear crumple zones
2018 Dodge Journey Safety Rating
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has awarded the 2018 Dodge Journey a 4-star overall safety rating. This overall safety score reflects the results of the Dodge Journey side impact, frontal crash, and rollover collision tests, where this SUV earned 5 stars, 4 stars, and 4 stars, respectively.
Take the Next Steps at Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde in Uvalde
Contact our team today with any questions you may have about the Dodge Journey safety features or performance. You can also compare this vehicle to the 2019 Dodge Durango to learn more about the features that set this manufacturer apart! Once you’ve seen enough, visit Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde to take one or more of our new Dodge Journey models for a test drive.
More From Cecil Atkission Motors Uvalde
The all-new 2019 RAM 1500 reaches up to 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway when equipped with a 3.6L V6 Pentastar® engine, eTorque capability, and rear-wheel drive. These are seriously impressive numbers for a full-sized pickup truck! You may also be surprised to hear the RAM 1500 offers strong efficiency throughout the model line,…
The all-new 2019 RAM 1500 has earned the title of most awarded light duty truck in America, and customers and critics alike agree that the RAM 1500 performance is something truly special. From RAM 1500 fuel efficiency to the phenomenal capabilities of this powerhouse, this is a pickup truck that was built to perform with…
There are many reasons why the Jeep Wrangler has become an icon, and the 2019 model is no exception. Fans love its off-road capability, manual and automatic transmissions, and versatile design. The Jeep Wrangler interior is another standout feature with practical off-road amenities like a soft top and grab handles. But the Jeep Wrangler interior…